19" Rack Mount Wireless Modem
- Wide area coverage
- Collision avoidance technology
- Remote diagnostics and programming
- Real-time radio system monitoring
- Dual RS232 ports (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, SNMP)
- Ethernet port (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, SNMP)
The Radius PDM is an 19" rack mounted version of PDR 121 and 221 modem with advanced VHF/UHF digital radio capabilities designed for wide area remote monitoring and control applications, encompassing point to multi-point communication with peer-to-peer compatibility. The PDM is available in either a transparent or a protocol decoding version with standard or high power options available.
The data radio offers up to 19.2kbps over-the-air data rate and is designed for both point-to-multipoint and point-to-point networks in the VHF and UHF bands.
The PDM Wireless Base Station gives large area communication coverage. The PDM can achieve distances of up to 50km at VHF and 30km at UHF. With unique message routing, a PDM network can cover covering several 1,000km2.
The PDM supports two serial ports and one Ethernet port, allowing a variety of equipment to be connected to it. It is also possible to mix connections in the system, so that the Master site could run IP and the slave sites either IP or RS232.
The PDM data radio supports event triggered communication and has built-in collision management to maximize network throughput. The data radio provides 128-bit encryption and FEC (Forward Error Correction) with inter-leaving that can recover even severely corrupted data messages. Receiver sensitivity is very high allowing exceptional recovery of signals.
- Data Rates:
- 4800/9600 @ 12.5 KHz
- 9600/19200 @ 25 KHz
- Frequency Range:
- UHF 475 to 505 MHz
- UHF 440 to 470 MHz
- UHF 430 to 440 MHz
- UHF 400 to 430 MHz
- UHF 350 to 360 MHz
- UHF 360 to 390 MHz
- UHF 330 to 350 MHz
- VHF 140 to 174 MHz
- Operation Modes: Half duplex, Simplex
- Modulation: 4 FSK
- Forward Error Correction: Yes, interleaving functionality
- Collision Avoidance: Yes, configurable
- Repeating: Multi-repeating, up to 6 repeaters on one link
- Transparent 1 repeater per system
- No. of Remote Radios/Master: with PDR 121 - 120, with PDR 221 - 255
- Encryption: 128-bit key XTEA cypher 32 character encryption key (PDR 121 only)
- Tx Power: 10 mW to 5.0 W software adjustable
- Sensitivity: -110 to -118 dBm @ BER data rate, channel spacing and frequency CCRR: (Co-Channel Rejection Ratio) Better than -8 dB
- Temperature Operating Range: -25 ... +75 oC
- Size PDM: (HxWxD) 43.6 (1U) x 488 x 255 mm
- Housing Material: Aluminium, Alu Zinc
- Main Power Supply: 2 pole, female
- Battery Supply: 2 pole, female
- Electric Current Requirement: 2000 mA at 2W Tx, 2500 mA at 5W Tx
- Antenna: BNC, female
- Serial Ports: 2 x RS232 DB9 female, wired as DCE (modem)
- Data Rates 600 to 57600 bps
- Flow Control RTS/CTS, DCD selectable
- Ethernet Port: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, SNMP
- Configuration: via RS232 port
- Operating voltage: 12 VDC, 24-48 VDC. Internal PSU, connections via pins on the back of the PDM. 110-230 VAC. Internal PSU, connections via a standard ”kettle type” plug on the rear.
- Current Consumption:
- Serial configuration: Receive 300 mA. Transmit 2500 mA
- Ethernet configuration: Receive 400 mA. Transmit 2600 mA
Indications (LED )
- LED Indicators: Main PWR, Radio Rx, Radio Tx, RS232 Rx, RS232 Tx, Configuration Mode, Carrier Detect, System Detect
- Multi repeating: DNP3, IEC870, RP570, COMLI, Modbus, Cooper/PG&E 2179, Telegyr 8979, DCSI, Hunt, Exoline, Cactus, PRIP, Aquacom.
- Other protocols are available upon request.